1.1. The 2007 RS:X European Championship will be held from 5th to 15th June 2007 in Limassol, Cyprus.
2.1. The Championship will be organised by Cyprus Yachting Association under specified conditions laid down by the International RS:X Class Association in
co-operation with ISAF.
3.1. The 2007 RS:X European Championship will be based at the Sailing Centre of Cyprus Sports Organization in Limassol, Amathountos 21, 4532 Ayios
Tychonas, 4532 Limassol, CYPRUS, office telephone number:
00357-25 320 559, fax: 00357-25 328 953, email: [email protected].
The average conditions that can be expected in June are: wind speeds between 5-25 knots, water temperatures +20C and air temperatures +25C.
4.1. This is an ISAF sanctioned event governed by:
- the Rules as defined in the ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing for 2005-2008 (RRS),
- The RS:X Class Rules, Standard Championship Sailing Instructions and 2007 European Championship Qualification System. The ISAF Ranking List that
applies to the Q System was published on 7th February 2007
- No National Authority Prescriptions will apply.
- This Notice of Race, The Regatta Sailing Instructions and those issued for the medal race.
- Alterations to the Regatta Sailing Instructions must be approved by the Principal Race Officer and the RS:X Class’ Event Director.
- Attendance at the Prize giving and Closing Ceremony is mandatory.
- The International RS:X Class is classified as a category C class as set out in ISAF Regulations 20 Advertising Code,
- Competitors may be required to display Event sponsor’s name(s) / logo (s). If required, the Organizing Authority will supply these items and
shall be affixed and / or worn as prescribed in the RS:X Standard Championship Sailing Instructions.
- If there is a conflict between languages the English text will prevail.
ELIGIBILITY AND DISCIPLINE
5.1. All entries shall meet the requirements of ISAF Regulation 19 – Eligibility Code
5.2. A minimum of 3 races is required for a valid Championship in that Class / Division.
5.3. Competitors shall possess valid third party liability insurance (for 1 million Euro) and shall have been issued an ISAF Sailor Number.
5.4. Competitors shall be members of a National RS:X National Class Association or of RS:X International. National Class Associations shall be in good
- Class membership formalities can be completed on site.
6.1. RS:X European Championship
6.1.1. The Championship shall be a single discipline event for Divisions A & B
6.1.2. Men (A) and Women (B) shall race separately, each in a maximum 11 races series over 7 days which shall include one reserve day, which may be
used for racing.
6.1.3. Entry may be subject to the agreement of the relevant authority.
6.1.4. The first European man and woman in the European Championship Final Standing shall be the 2007 RS:X European Champion.
6.1.5 A separate Final Standing shall be published for the ‘Open Event’ including non- European competitors whose entry has been accepted.
7.1. Men (A); Women (B)
- All competitors shall bring their own equipment
- Each competitor shall ensure that his/her equipment complies with the current Class Rules.
- Measurement and equipment checks may be made throughout the event.
- Competitors and their equipment shall be on site by 0900h on 5th June 2007. Competitors shall book a measurement time slot by signing in
at the measurement area after picking up their measurement form from the registration desk.
SAIL INSIGNIAS & NATIONAL FLAGS
- National letters and sail numbers shall comply with Class Rule C9.2.
- Crews not carrying ISAF Category C advertising of a minimum of 6,000 sq.cms as specified in RRS Section ll, Appendix 1 – Advertising, shall
carry in addition, national flags on their sails in an area of a minimum size 6,000 sq.cms
- The national flags design shall be made of self-adhesive material and shall be worn immediately above Batten number 5.
- Failure to comply with this rule will result in a 3-point penalty being implemented by the Race Committee, without a hearing.
(Alteration of RRS 63.1)
11.1. If personal buoyancy is prescribed every competitor and support boat crewmember shall wear, above the waist, a jacket harness or vest with a
minimum buoyancy of 4kg uninflated in fresh water. The buoyancy shall be tested with a ferrous metal weight of 4kg, which shall remain supported for a
minimum of 5 minutes.
12.1. Competitors take part in all races at their own risk. The Local Organization Authority (LOA) and International RS:X Class Association or any of their
officials or representatives or the sponsors or their officials or representatives are not responsible, under any circumstances, for any damage, loss or injury
either ashore or on the water either to persons or equipment, which may result. Participation in this event, supporting events and in each race in them is
at the sole discretion of the sailor and at his/her own risk. Notice is drawn to RRS4.
- The event shall consist of course racing on the RS:X One Design. Trapezoidal or windward/leeward courses. “Gates” may be used in place
of single leeward marks.
- RRS Appendix A and the Low point Scoring System will apply.
- The Medal Race (as per the schedule) will be umpired.
- Race scores for the Medal Race will be doubled (i.e. 2 points for first, 4 points for second and so on; DNS, DNF, DSQ etc will be scored
- A board’s series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her worst score.
- The Medal Race score shall not be excluded.
- Competitors will carry their series score (i.e. total of race scores after discard) through to the Medal Race.
- Any series tie after the Medal Race will be broken in favour of the board finishing higher in the Medal Race.
- If the Medal Race is not completed, medals will be awarded based on the series score.
- INTERNATIONAL JURY
- An International Jury will be appointed in accordance with the RRS Appendix N. Their decisions will be final and cannot be appealed,
according to RRS 70.4.
- REGATTA SAILING INSTRUCTIONS, EVENT PROGRAMME
16.1. The Regatta Sailing Instructions will be available at registration as well as the Event Programme scheduling social events.
- COACHES AND TEAM SUPPORT PERSONNEL
- Coaches shall be members of the ICSA and shall register by February 26th at a cost of Euro 40. Other team support personnel are required to
register by the same date at a cost of Euro 50 each.
- Coach boats must display their National Flag at all times on the water and will be restricted from entering the race area during competition.
Each support boat shall fly a specific flag, which will be supplied by the LOA.
- Coach boats will be available for charter on a first come, first served basis. Please apply to the organisers for costs and availability. For this
limited service you may contact the LOA before the 30th of April 2007.
- Boats’ drivers shall provide the Organizing Authority with insurance and driving licence.
- The Organizing Authority has the right to ask coaches, who are alone in their boat, to take another coach with them.
05.06.2007 0900 – 1800 Registration and Measurement
06.06.2007 0900 – 1800 Registration and Measurement
07.06.2007 0900 – 1400 Registration and Measurement
1400 Skipper’s Meeting
1600 Practice Race (Warning Signal)
2030 Opening Ceremony
08.06.2007 1100 Races (First Warning Signal)
09.06.2007 1100 Races (First Warning Signal)
10.06.2007 1100 Races (First Warning Signal)
11.06.2007 Reserve Day
12.06.2007 1100 Races (First Warning Signal)
13.06.2007 1100 Races (First Warning Signal)
14.06.2007 1100 Races (First Warning Signal)
1600 Last Possible Start
- Prizing Giving and Closing Ceremony
- DRUG TESTING
- Competitors are reminded of the ISAF rules and regulations concerning the use of banned methods and substances. Drug testing may take
place during the event.
- MEDALS AND PRIZES
- Medals will be awarded to the first five Men / Women in each division.
- TELEVISION AND MEDIA
- In registering for the event, competitors automatically grant to the Organizing Authority and the International RS:X Class Association the right
in perpetuity to make, use and show from time to time at their discretion, any motion pictures, still pictures and live, taped or filmed television
and other reproductions of them, taken during the period of the event, for the said Championship as defined in the Notice of Race and Sailing
Instructions in which he/she participates without compensation.
- BIBS / VEST AND COMPETITORS BRANDING
- During racing, competitors may be required by the organisers to wear bibs / vest carrying the event sponsors’ branding and carry the event
sponsors’ advertising to their sails. The maximum area that the event sponsor’s branding may occupy is 300mm x 1000mm and shall be placed
on the sail according to the diagram posted on the Official Notice Board.
- DRESS CODE
- Smart causal clothes will be required for the Opening Ceremony and Prize giving Ceremony.
- The Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry to those whose standard of attire is not commensurate with the occasion.
- More information about the accommodation will be published on the official event website at rsxclass.com/2007Europeans
- AIR TRAVEL / TRANSPORTATION
- It is possible to fly either to Larnaca International Airport or to Pafos International Airport. Both airports are around 40-50 minutes drive from
- Transportation arrangements can be arranged upon request. More details about the cost will be published on the official’s event
website at rsxclass.com/europeans.html
- Neither the Organising Authority nor RS:X Association take responsibility for travel bookings made in error.
- The registration office during the regatta will be at the Sailing Centre in Limassol:Amathountos 21, 4532 Ayios Tychonas, Limassol
Tel: +357-25 320 559 / 25 316 558 / 25 316 559
Fax: +357-25 328 953
Email: [email protected]
- Competitors shall provide the following documentation prior to completing registration formalities on site:
- Original Regatta Entry Form (Form 1)
- Original Bank Transfer details or on-line payment receipt
- Evidence of valid third party insurance
- Proof of age (passport)
- Parental / legal Guardian Assent (Form 2) if needed
- Measurement Form signed by the Official Measurer
- Medical treatment permission (Form 4)
- ENTRIES AND PAYMENT
- Competitors shall enter electronically on the RS:X class website at www.rsclass.com/2007Europeans by no later than April 28th 2007. The
entry fee for all those on the published entry list or with reserved places on it shall pay 160 Euro before the deadline.
- Those not already on the published entry list or not with reserved places on it shall pay the late entry fee of 200 Euro. Late entries shall be
approved by the International R:SX Class and may be so under special circumstances as determined by the Class.
27.3 Coach or other team support personnel late registrations are subject to a
10 Euro excess charge.
27.4 Payment shall be made in Euros. No other currency will be accepted.
27.5 For those wishing to make a bank transfer, please contact
[email protected] for the RS:X Class Bank details
27.6 Entries made on site shall be made in cash only. No other form of payment
will be accepted.